For the second consecutive year, PG&E is partnering with San Francisco media outlet 7×7 for its “Favorite Charity” contest. The annual event determines the city’s favorite charity by public voting.
PG&E will award $2,000 to seven category finalists, with the organization with most votes earning a $10,000 grant. Voting is available online through Dec. 10.
The list of charities began with 2,000 nominations and recently was narrowed the seven finalists- each representing their respective category:
Housing & Homelessness
- Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco partners with hardworking families, community volunteers and donors to build affordable homes in San Francisco, Marin and on the Peninsula.
- WOMAN, Inc. (Women Organized to Make Abuse Nonexistent) assists survivors of domestic violence in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Civic Philanthropy & Volunteerism
- SFSmiles collects donations of clean and usable furniture, household items, clothing and basic necessities for individuals and families in need.
Economic Opportunity & Job Development
- Upwardly Global connects skilled immigrants with employers and provides both with the resources to succeed together.
Health & Nutrition
- Meals on Wheels delivers nutritious, balanced meals to homebound seniors in San Francisco.
Youth & Education
- Larkin Street Youth Services inspires youth to move beyond the street with a peer-based substance abuse treatment program, safe temporary housing for kids and the nation’s first comprehensive housing program for HIV+ youth.
Additional Community Vitalilty
- Rocket Dog Rescue saves dogs from death at over-crowded shelters and finds them loving, happy homes.